Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Joe Blow-Blogger...

I was watching CNN recently, and the anchor was interviewing a guest, about what I can't remember, but what I do remember was his title - "Blogger." Since when did "Blogger" become a title? I can understand "Analyst", "Doctor", "FBI Director", but "Blogger?" They might as well put "Eater" or "Breather."

Okay, the irony of me blogging about the title "Blogger" isn't lost on me. I love "blogging" and I have read many intelligent, hilarious and insightful blog entries of all kinds, from people of all walks of life. I've also read some serious crap from people from all walks of life. I guess my point is this - today anyone can be a writer, or in the case of You Tube, a film director. I'm guilty on both fronts.

And I'm not an elitist, by any stretch of the imagination. I just think that the digital age has made it easy for any shmo to famous, or to be considered an expert. It's truly a double-edged sword.

Nick C., Blogger, signing off...

1 comment:

Rogelio Perea said...

Not meaning to step on my pedestal, that's something I only use during my yearly reviews... but, hereby I bestow on your Friggin Fabulous Blog a comment from yours truly: the Master Chief Blogger! :-)